welcome to the kippledrome, a collection of intarweb crapola. watch your feet!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

"You're supposed to be here to protect me."



a 911 call transcript
Dispatcher: Sheriff's Department. How can I help you?

Caller: Yeah, I'm over here at the Burger King drive-through in Laguna Niguel, I think.

Dispatcher: Uh-huh.

Caller: I asked them four different times to make me a Western Barbecue Burger. OK, they keep giving me a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, and cheese, onions, and I said I'm not leaving. I want a Western Burger because I just got my kids from tae kwon do, they're hungry, I'm on my way home, and I live in San Clemente.

Dispatcher: Uh-huh.

Caller: OK, she gave me another hamburger. It's wrong. I said I want my hamburger right. So then the mana-ger -- she came up and said, um, "Did you want your money back?" And I said no. I want my hamburger. My kids are hungry, and I have to jump on the freeway. I said, I am not leaving this spot, and I said, I will call the police, because I want my Western Burger done right. Now, is that so hard?

Dispatcher: Ma'am, we're not going to go down there and enforce your Western Bacon Cheeseburger.

Caller: What am I supposed to do?

Dispatcher: I suggest you get your money back and go somewhere else. This is not a criminal issue. We can't go out there and make them make you a cheese-burger the way you want it.

Caller: You're supposed to be here to protect me.

Dispatcher: Is this like... a harmful cheeseburger or something? I don't understand what you want us to do.

Caller: Just come down here. I'm not leaving.

Dispatcher: No, ma'am. I'm not sending the deputies down there over a cheeseburger. You need to go in there and act like an adult and either get your money back or go home.

Caller: She is not acting like an adult herself! I'm sitting here in my car; I just want them to make my kids a Western Burger.

Dispatcher: Ma'am, I suggest you get your money back from the manager and you go on your way home. OK? Bye-bye.

source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home